SUSPENSION, DUE TO THE COVID-19 EPIDEMIC, OF CERTAIN PERIODS WITHIN WHICH COURTS AND PARTIES ARE TO ACT EXTENDED UNTIL 15/06/2020. 01 May 2020
SUSPENSION, DUE TO THE COVID-19 EPIDEMIC, OF CERTAIN PERIODS WITHIN WHICH COURTS AND PARTIES ARE TO ACT EXTENDED UNTIL 15/06/2020.
WHAT IS THE RELEVANT LEGAL REGULATION?
- With Law No. 7226, on the Amendment of Certain Laws and published in the Official Gazette on 26/03/2020, certain periods within which courts, and parties before the courts, are to act were suspended up to and including 30/04/2020. The suspensions of these periods have been extended until 15/06/2020 pursuant to a new President's Decision published in the Official Gazette on 30/04/2020.
WHICH PERIODS ARE AFFECTED BY NEW REGULATION?
- The extension, up to and including 16/05/2020, covers the periods previously suspended, up to and including 01/05/2020, pursuant to provisional Article 1 of Law No. 7226, The extended periods include:
- All periods related to the use or termination of rights, including those related to litigation matters, enforcement proceedings, applications, complaints, objections, warnings, notifications, submissions, foreclosures and mandatory administrative applications;
- Periods agreed to between parties and periods set by judges pursuant to the Administrative Procedures Law No. 2577, Criminal Procedure Law No. 5271, Code Of Civil Procedure No. 6100, and other laws containing procedural provisions providing for periods with which courts or parties before the courts within which they are to act; ,
- Periods of related to mediation and conciliation; and
- Periods set pursuant to Enforcement and Bankruptcy Law No. 2004, and other laws related to this law, inexecution and bankruptcy proceedings, except for those related to maintenance payments, newly filings requesting the initiation of enforcement and bankruptcy proceedings, including requests for the entry of and enforcement of provisional attachment decisions,
- The deadlines for compulsory administrative applications, as provided for in Public Procurement Law No. 4734, and which were suspended Law No. 7226 as of 26/03/2020, were not. This exception to the otherwise broad grant of extensions was specifically addressed in the new President’s Decision, which noted the suspension of these periods expired on 30/04/2020 .
- In addition, with regard to the following periods within which certain parties are to act and which were not suspended by Law No. 7226, continue to be in effect:
- Periods of limitation provided for in the criminal law, including misdemeanor and administrative sanctions, disciplinary imprisonment and short time imprisonment;
- Periods related to protective measures provided for in Criminal Procedure Law No. 5271; and,
- Periods pertaining to transactions whose provisional remedy has not been completed as provided for in Code Of Civil Procedure No. 6100.
HOW WILL SUSPENDED PERIODS START AGAIN?
- The principle of enforcement of the law, as it applies to the suspension of the periods discussed above, was expressly addressed, and adopted, in Law No. 7226. According to this principle, the suspended periods are to restart the day following the end of the suspension. As of the date , periods of fifteen days or less, are deemed to be extended a full fifteen days from the day following the end of their suspension. For periods of more than fifteen days, they too will restart on the day following the end of their suspension, but less the number of days that had passed at the time of the suspension.
ARE THE SUSPENSION DATES OF COURT HEARINGS EXTENDED?
- Hearings to be held by first instance judicial and administrative judicial authorities, and by regional courts and regional administrative courts, were postponed until 15/06/2020 by the decision of the Council of Judges and Prosecutors.
WHAT HSPPENS WHEN THE DECLARED FORECLOSURE DAY FALLS WITHIN THE EXTENDED OF SUSPENSION PERIOD?
- A sale day falling within the extended suspension periods will continue to be suspended; a new sale day will be set, without the need for a party to request a new date, by the enforcement and bankruptcy offices falling after the new suspension period . In such a case, an announcement of the new sale day will be made electronically, and there will be no fee for the announcement.
ARE FURTHER EXTENSIONS POSSIBLE?
- The President was only given the authority to extend periods suspended byLaw No. 7226, one time only. Accordingly, the President lacks the authority to extend the suspended periods.
IS IT POSSIBLE TO MODIFY THE EXTENDSION TO A DATE EARLIER THANS 15/06/2020?
9. In the President’s extension decision, it is clearly stated that if the danger of the epidemic spreading dissipates earlier than expected, the 16/05/2020 date will be re-evaluated. In other words, the answer is yes, the extension can be reset to end on a date earlier than 16.05/2020.The President was only given the authority to extend periods suspended byLaw No. 7226, one time only. Accordingly, the President lacks the authority to extend the suspended periods.
WOMAN, BUSINESS AND LAW / 2021
We are proud to make a contribution on Women, Business and the Law 2021 report published by World Bank Group. It is the seventh in a series of reports that provide objective measures of legal and regulatory barriers to women’s entrepreneurship and employment in 190 economies. Amidst a global pandemic that threatens progress toward gender equality, the report identifies barriers to women’s economic participation and encourages reform of discriminatory laws. This year, the study also includes important findings on government responses to the COVID-19 crisis and pilot research related to childcare and women’s access to justice. The website allows for comparisons of the data at both the indicator and economy levels. https://lnkd.in/dUPCvjK
What Are The Impact Of “Digital Inheritance” On Heritage And Inheritance?
Today, rapidly developing technology brings about change in all areas of law. Although our lives get easier with the development of new technologies, since the new concepts and institutions brought by technology have not been defined in the legal world, these concepts and institutions have been causing discussions.
THE LIMITS OF UNFAIR COMPETITION BY DENIGRATING UNDER THE LIGHT OF THE JUDGEMENT OF THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF CIVIL CHAMBERS OF SUPREME COURT
COMMUNIQUE ON THE PROCEDURES AND PRINCIPLES RELATING TO THE APPLICATION OF ARTICLE 376 OF THE TURKISH COMMERCIAL LAW NO 6102 HAS BEEN CHANGED!
NEW REGULATION ON PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA IN ELECTRONIC COMMMUNICATIONS SECTOR PUBLISHED
CLIENT ALERT FOR THE TURKISH COMPANIES ON RENEWABLE ENERGY SECTOR AND CURRENT ISSUES RELATED TO RENEWABLE ENERGY SECTOR IN UKRAINE
WHAT IS THE MONETARY LIMIT REGARDING THE SIMPLIFIED PROCEDURE APPLIED IN COMMERCIAL CASES?
The monetary limit on commercial cases subject to the simplified trial procedure has been rearranged with the Law No. 7251, which entered into force on 28.07.2020. What does this amendment bring to our procedural law?
AFTER SALES SERVICES REGULATION, INTRODUCTION AND USER MANUAL REGULATION AND WARRANTY CERTIFICATE REGULATION HAVE BEEN CHANGED
THE PRELIMINARY INJUCTION AND PRECAUTIONARY ATTACHMENT WHICH ARE PRONOUNCED IN THE PRESENCE OF PARTIES
Is it possible to apply for an appeal within the framework of the new HMK against the preliminary injunction and precautionary attachment decisions which are pronounced in the presence? What has changed with the new HMK?
WHAT ARE THE AMENDMENTS INTRODUCED REGARDING THE “SUBMISSION AND EVIDENTIALITY OF COMMERCIAL BOOKS?
WHAT DOES THE NEW HMK SAY ABOUT "AMENDMENT OF PLEADING AFTER THE REVERSAL"?
A groundbreaking change has taken place that will put an end to the controversies that have been going on for decades regarding the "Amendment of Pleading After Reversal Decision" regulation of the HMK. In this newsletter, we are going to examine what the new regulation brings.
THE GUIDELINE ON EXAMINATION OF DIGITAL DATA DURING ON-SITE INSPECTIONS IS PUBLISHED
WHAT ARE THE CHANGES INTRODUCED REGARDING THE "EXTENSION AND CHANGE OF CLAIMS AND DEFENSE" IN THE CODE OF CIVIL PROCEDURE NUMBERED 6100 WITH THE LAW NO. 7251?
The amendments brought to the Code of Civil Procedure in terms of “the Extension and Change of the Claims and Defense” is examined with our newsletter this week.
REVIEW ON THE DRAFT COMMUNIQUE ON REMOTE IDENTIFICATION METHODS TO BE USED BY BANKS
WHICH AMENDMENTS HAVE BEEN MADE TO THE REGULATION RELATED TO THE PROCEDURES AND PRINCIPLES OF THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY MEETINGS OF JOINT STOCK COMPANIES?
A significant amendment has been made within the scope of The Regulation on the Amendment to the Regulation Related to the Procedures and Principles of the General Assembly Meetings of Joint Stock Companies and Representatives of the Ministry of Customs and Trade to Attend These Meetings published in the Official Gazette dated 09.10.2020 and numbered 31269. We will examine what the new regulation brings.