Our Corporate / M&A / Consultancy team members have a comprehensive knowledge of the law and experience with the capacity to advise local and international companies on all types of corporate and commercial matters. As one of the leading law firms in Turkey, we provide consultancy service to around 150 local and multinational companies on a day-to- day basis. Our M&A team offers tailored legal services on a vast range of corporate transactions including complex and significant M&A transactions in numerous industry sectors.
OUR CORPORATE AND CONSULTANCY SERVICES
Our Corporate / M&A team advice on the following areas in addition to our retainer services:
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Joint Ventures and Strategic Alliances
- Distressed Company Deals
- Asset Sales
- Private Equity Buyouts and Investments
- Articles of Association
- Specimen of Signature & Internal Directive
- Board and General Meeting
- Branch and Liaison Office
- Training on Compliance with Turkish Commercial Code
- Duties and Responsibilities of Board Members
Our team has an extensive experience and legal knowledge to assist our clients in a variety of daily and specific corporate matters. Our general corporate consultancy clients constitute a significant portion of our client portfolio.
Our corporate lawyers intensively cooperate with clients every day on all corporate consultancy and corporate governance related matters. When providing corporate consultancy service, commercial and legal requirements of each client are minded and our knowledge is strengthened in the sectors where clients are involved.
Our Corporate Consultancy Services include the following:
- Drafting, Negotiating and Revising of commercial contracts
- Non-disclosure Agreement
- Capital Markets issues from compliance with legal requirements
- Electronic Commerce
- Compliance Processes within the context of Data Privacy Act
- Franchising/Dealership Operations
- All Other Corporate Grievances and Day-to-Day Retainer Services
OUR M&A PRACTICE
Our M&A team address our clients’ business requirements in a wide variety of areas including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and strategic alliances. Our team is very experienced in M&A transactions acting for both the buy side and the sell side be it a strategic or private equity investment. We combine our legal skills and market practice experience and develop innovative structures and strategies in the deals.
Our M&A services include:
- Advising clients on legal issues and possible structures relating to the transaction
- Conducting a detailed due diligence on target company
- Preparing high level or full-fledged due diligence reports including executive summaries
- Drafting, negotiating and signing of transaction documents including share purchase agreements, share subscription agreements, shareholders agreement, joint venture agreements, security agreements (such as share pledge and escrow)
- Attending closing procedures of the transaction
OUR M&A/ CORPORATE / TAX EXPERIENCES
Our M&A lawyers have been involved in several significant transactions in the Turkish market, some of them are as follows:
Advised GNCR in relation to sale of 50% of the shares of GNCR Enerji owned by GNCR Holding to a German holding company concentrating in the field of renewable energies as well as wind farms and biogas plants.
Advised E-Bebek in their acquisition of Hello Baby, a company specialized in baby products.
Advised Kamil Koc Otobusleri A.S., a Turkish intercity passenger carrier company, in the transportation sector in relation to sale of its shares to Actera
Advised General Energy in their acquisition of Göztepe Football club.
Advised one of world’s leading truck manufacturer company on transfer of its local distributorship rights to another leading local company.
Advised one of Europe’s leading plastic part / semi-part manufacturer for automobiles any and all kinds of corporate, labor and tax law issues, as well as, establishment of factory in an organized industrial zone in Turkey.
Advised one of Europe’s leading construction company on planning and optimization of their tax bill with simple and effective solutions by taking into consideration the prevention of double taxation treaty executed with the relevant country.
Advised one of Europe’s leading domestic appliances manufacturer for planning and optimization of their tax bill by taking into consideration the prevention of double taxation treaty executed with the relevant country.
Advising one of Europe’s leading assistance services company on their general corporate governance issues including but not limited to intragroup share transfers.