Our employment law practice has been a cornerstone of our firm since its establishment in 1990. It is noteworthy to state that Egemenoğlu is one of the few leading law firms in Turkey housing a team of lawyers fully specialized in employment law. The team collaborates with Human Resources professionals, in-house lawyers and executives to deliver legal advice to meet their workforce objectives. We provide solution orientated assistance on all employment related legal matters with the aim to streamline the business operations of our clients.
Our lawyers have an extensive track record, and currently assist over 150 client companies relating to all their employment law matters. We also offer legal training for HR and finance departments of client companies and perform internal legal audits to ensure that employment policies and applications of the company are in accordance with the labour and social security legislation.
We develop and implement employment policies to minimise risk and avoid litigation for employers in a broad range of sectors. However, when litigation is unavoidable, our lawyers offer the best possible representation before Turkish labour courts. Our team has also considerable experience on employment aspects of mergers and acquisitions, asset and business transfers.
The team provides updates to clients periodically by publishing Bulletin every 6 months. The Bulletin offers legal articles regarding essential employment law matters and recent changes in the legislation. The team also prepares newsletters for the recent changes in the employment legislation and provide to the clients electronically with immediate effect.
- Drafting Employment Contracts subject to Labour Law, Maritime Labour Law and Press Labour Law
- Termination of Employment
- Settlement Agreements
- Protecting Employer Proprietary Interests
- Restrictive Covenants; non-competition and non-solicitation obligations
- Confidentiality Issues and Protection of Trade Secrets
- Internal Company Regulations and Policies
- Employee data protection
- Complex Restructurings
- Large scale dismissals
- Workplace Transfers and Transfer of Employment Contracts
- Diversity, Discrimination and Ethics
- Cross Border Mergers & Acquisitions, Demerger and Business Transfer Projects
- Subcontracting and Temporary Employment Relationships
- Work Health and Safety
- Attending Collective Bargaining
- Challenging Trade Unions’ Competence to Conclude Collective Labour Agreement
- Stopping Strikes
- All Sorts of Social Security Matters
- Immigration Matters, Work and Residence Permits, Visas
- Employee Stock Options
- Bonus, Premium Payments and Other Employee Benefits
- Employment Litigation
We understand the specifics of the industries in which our clients have operations. We offer concrete and productive advice to our clients in a wide range of industry sectors including the following:
LEISURE & HOSPITALITY
FOOD AND BEVERAGE
MEDIA & ADVERTISING
HEALTHCARE & PHARMACEUTICALS